Hello from this year’s 10th annual Telus ski and snowboard Festival. The Village has been a busy little place since Friday and continues to be until this Sunday. Some great live music at the base of the mountain and thought-provoking art, photos and films on at the conference centre. The skiing is still great so if you can make it up, come and enjoy Spring in the mountains, Whistler style.
We had 29 New Listings this past week.
- A good option on 11,000sq ft of vacant land is 8223 Mountain View Drive at $549k. Great views!
- A 1.5 bedroom in Highpoint listed at $309k. A great weekender or revenue property.
- I feel there may be some good opportunity in 2031 Karen Crescent. This updated 4 bedroom home is listed at $1.1m but assessed at $674k. With some negotiation, there may be a chance to move this down considerably.
This week saw a healthy jump in Whistler real estate sales. 20 to be exact. This compares to last’s week’s number of 9 sales and the previous week of 7. Overall buying interest continues to increase as vendors are being more realistic with their pricing. Worthy sales include:
- 305 Town Plaza at $305k. I may be biased on this sale but I feel confident my client’s purchase will stand the test of time as being a good purchase for a village, 1 bedroom 650 sq ft unit. http://matrix.buywhistler.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?ID=171877262
- 113 Castle Drive. This is a great weekend townhome or long term revenue complex. 3 bedroom/2 bed unit for $550k (with 2 car garage)
- 401 The Lynx. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom, 1100 sq ft with good mountain views. $560k. Assessed at 600k.
Finally 29 Price Reduced listings this past week, but we are not seeing the same large drops this week as we have seen in the past.
- #863 was only on the market for 7 days and reduced $50k. Motivation here and an IUD of 128, makes this one worth putting an offer in. Listed at $239k
- 12 – 4890 Painted Cliff Rd. Arrowhead. Great revenue from this 2 bedroom 2 bath townhome with ski trail nearby. Currently listed at $699k and assessed at $691k.
Please go ahead and click here to view all of the past week's real estate transactions in Whistler, as reported by whistlerlistings.com. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments regarding these or other Whistler real estate listings.
Last week reported: 23 New Listings 7 Sales 27 Price Changes